I have a tendency to read other people's blogs, even stranger's blogs and think "Wow, that's neat, why didn't I think of that? or "Wish I had found that link first." Then of course I never copy that person's idea for fear of the minute possibility that since I found that stranger's blog by following links from blogs of people that I actually know, maybe that stranger does the same thing and might actually read our blog and catch me in my thievery.
Anyway, per usual I was reading a stranger's blog and heard an audio clip that I felt was worth liberating for my own post, just in case any of my fellow blog stalkers don't happen across the same blogs I do. I will preface by saying that I have my political opinions, but I won't pretend to understand all of the issues completely. However, there are some I feel strongly about and educated enough to argue about. A couple of those are core family values like the Right to Life and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman. I also believe that the Iraq War was unavoidable, and any president would have done the same thing as Bush in the wake of the terrorist attacks. I also generally believe that if we hadn't gone to war, most Americans would have been angry and said things like, "I can't believe Bush did nothing." Perhaps some decisions about the path of the Iraq War could have been different, but who can really say what the outcome of any choice would have been? Regardless, I don't envy anyone who had to be part of making those decisions. One thing I do know is that I have family who served in Iraq, were injured in Iraq, and would go back to Iraq, because they believe they did good things over there, and so do I, and I am grateful for their service. That being said, before you vote, make sure you know your candidate's policies and values because that should outrank their age, skin color or party affiliation.
Whew, I didn't realize I was going to get so political!
This clip is from Howard Stern, but don't worry, it contains nothing of what you might initially think of when you hear his name. This audio segment was done in Harlem, but I have heard similar things from people I work with here in Denver. Have a listen here.
4 years ago




















5 witticisms:
YAY! A new post!!
Also, never be ashamed of blogstalking and breaking intellectual copyright laws. I figure, if people don't want others to potentially steal their ideas (ahem, I mean, put them to good use in their own lives) they wouldn't post them on the internet. That's my defense and I'm stickin' to it.
And that clip is incredible--I bet the same thing would happen around Philly! Every other house has an Obama sign in the yard, but I guarantee 45% of them (the 45% that don't actually pay taxes but would apparently be getting a tax break from him...) aren't even aware of what he stands for.
Seriously--I can't believe they didn't even realize who his VP is! Pretty amazing. And scary.
Thanks for finding this clip and plagerizing it! It is worth hearing - very frightening indeed! By the way, are you living in a house yet?
Sorry - meant to say liberating the clip - not plagerizing!!! LOL
thats why I like obama too. anyone who can pick a women VP has stout character fiber...
that is amazing...i can't believe it...but then again if you can speak well and carry yourself...people will like you better than someone who doesn't...and I think we've seen that over and over in this election...doesn't matter who is right or wrong...just how one carries themself...
Learn from Obama and if you can carry yourself well...you can do anything...
Post a Comment