Monday, May 3, 2010

Spring Break

Ah, way way back in March, we went on a fabulous vacation for Spring Break to the city of brotherly love to visit my brother and his lovely wifey and kiddos.

There was an unfortunate series of events leading up to vacation including but not limited to super busy airport, missed flight on Saturday, waiting all day with Hoss and MiniB at the airport for a shot at 2 stand by flights with no such luck, canceled car reservation, re-booked flight for Monday night, re-booked car reservation, very early arrival in Philly, lost luggage, arriving at our destination at 2 am Tuesday, throwing my back out at 7 pm Tuesday night, muscle spasms all night long (worse than contractions, having finally been through both I can say this), laying on the couch all day Wednesday, luggage arriving Thursday afternoon, and finally Friday, 2 Priesthood blessings and a few muscle relaxers later, feeling good enough to actually be fun company for the Philly Mils, albeit very slow and shuffling did I go.

My SIL taught me how to make some very cute hair bows for MiniB, we played lots of Settlers of Catan, ate more than our fill of the to-die-for-if-it-doesn't-kill-you-first-made from-scratch-breakfast-buffet at Shady Maple Smörgåsbord in Amish country, and I am sure we did other stuff, but I can't remember, thats what happens when you take 6 weeks to blog about a vacation.

The only photos we took were at the Please Touch Museum were we were joined by our cousin and fam. Please Touch is a very cool museum in Philly just for kids where everything is just their size and built for them, or so I thought. These words literally came from Hoss's mouth while watching a little boy play in the river system on the Panama Canal, "Isn't there a time limit? When is it my turn?"


Luckily Hoss, Li'l Mil, and my brother all got their chance to play in the Canal.

Here is the actual floor piano from the movie Big, there were other kids playing it, but Hoss scared them away.


Li'l Mil went shopping and you can see how well he was raised, filling his cart with fruits and veggies.


I think someone dropped the ball with child #2, all Nano wanted was a whole chocolate cake and a banana.

MiniB mostly chilled out in the stroller.

The kids all had fun in Wonderland.

MiniB got to be the queen.

In the forest Li'l Mil got to dress up like a chipmunk in front of a blue screen and see himself on TV in the forest. Here he was puffing his cheeks for us.




Li'l Mil showed us how to shake it in the wild.


Nano was the only cousin who consistently smiled for and into the camera, MiniB, Li'l Mil and Peach Pit didn't really care that we wanted a picture. What we didn't catch on film is that when the picture was over Li'l Mil stood up and MiniB fell over.

It was a great vacation, can't wait to see the Philly Mil's in the Mile High City in a couple of weeks! Hopefully their vacation will have a few less bumps along the way!

3 witticisms:

Milmonster said...

Next time we want a video of Hoss shaking his tail!
Miss you guys already.

em said...

It's only been 6 weeks? Seriously. I think it's time for another trip. Good thing Los Milmonsteros are coming out next week...I'm in Mil withdrawal.

I love how Li'l Mil is responsible for holding up MiniB in every group shot. Like he's all mature or something :) More pics! More pics! More pics! I need a MiniB fix.

The Highland Hill's said...

tell me you guys went to Pat's King of Steaks? The original place for the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. It's probably the greatest Philly I've ever eaten. Shady neighborhood but worth the risk.

Glad you're back on your feet and feeling better.