Sunday, September 13, 2009

We had a great visit from Hoss's parents this weekend. Hoss's mom brought him a Lego set she found at a garage sale that is remiss of his childhood and he is furiously attempting to do an inventory of the pieces and has downloaded the original instructions from the world wide web. I think Hoss does what every other grown man wishes he could be doing. Someday if he goes missing, I think he will have figured out how to fly and took him self to Never Never Land so he never has to grow up.

Hoss had game 3 of the Flag Football season and their record has improved from 1-1 to 2-1. Hoss took one guy to the ground, meaning Hoss stood in front of him and the guy ran into him and fell over. After that they put a tiny fast one in front of him, good thing the little guy was fast or he wouldn't have survived. I also learned from his mom that the bribe in high school was a motorcycle in exchange for playing football. He didn't take it. I think he would take it now.

Last but not least, I had an interesting exchange at the check out in WalMart with my father-in-law and realized either I look old or he looks young (in all honesty I think he is pretty good looking and is a very distinguished 50 something).

Perky check out girl: How many months are you?
Rose: Seven.
Perky: What are you having?
Rose: It's a surprise.
Perky: And is this the Daddy?
Rose: Ah, this is the Grandpa.
Perky: Ah, well you never know these days.

I don't know who blushed more, me, FIL, or Perky.

4 witticisms:

Sarah B. said...

I love that last line - You never know these days. That is awesome.

The Little's said...

Bah ha ha...she's right though!

The Highland Hill's said...

super funny!!

Jamie said...

LOVE the perky checkout girls:) I have a perky trainer- I can never tell what she might say next! Thanks for sharing...I disturbed the eating baby laughing b/c of this post:)