Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"I'm tired"

That's what Hoss said to me this morning around 6am. Poor guy was up late studying for a big test, so I figured that was why he was tired, but I was wrong.

"I'm tired" was followed by, "I stayed up too late playing with the baby".
My response: Ah, what? We haven't actually had the baby yet.
Hoss: You were asleep when I came to bed, and I put my hand on your belly and every time I would almost fall asleep the little guy/gal kicked my hand.

I am just glad they are bonding! Hopefully this means Hoss will not feel the need to "toughen" the baby up. Currently he tells the baby daily that it is sleeping on the floor the first night to test his/her survival skills. Don't worry, I already told him no.

5 witticisms:

Sarah B. said...

What a good Dad. Make sure he gets used to staying up late playing with baby...it'll come in handy later. :-)

Susan said...

"Sleeping on the floor" is better than "sleeping outside on the ground".

em said...

I'm with Susan...and that first year or so, sleeping on the floor is just plain fun for the baby anyway. Tell Hoss he's gotta throw something tougher at that kid. Maybe his left hook, perhaps. Or a ping pong paddle :)

Our Little Family said...

Sleeping on the floor!? Not a chance...I have a feeling that this little one is going to be a daddy's boy/girl! Playing with the baby!!!! Too Cute!

Milmonster said...

Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post!
Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post! Belly post!