Something to think about. I'm no Windows fan, but I love the compatibility it offers (virtually compatible with everything). Mac's OSX looks pretty, but lacks (in extreme) software, freeware, and hardware. Not to mention a price tag that is 2 too 3 times as much as a pc (now with the switch to x86 and Intel, hardware is IDENTICAL, so what is with the price). Linux, I really love the idea of Linux, looks great, very simple and clean OS (more like mac), and good support for hardware (like PC), but you have to be geek to run it, and sometimes I don't have time to be geek (compiling drivers and looking for kernel spacific software).
So what do I do, wait for some kid in some garage to come out with the next big thing, yep thats it. Micorosoft is to big and to (somebody post and remind me of the "to" and "too rule", thanks) many people demand the compatibility it offers, even rely on it, as it runs software they have used for the last ten years. But they are locked in, make huge amounts of money, and are thus slow to change (or they make huge changes all at once and blow it, and blow it hard = Vista). Mac is to small and anal (=anus), they don't really care about the majority and like it that way, kind of like some people eat bugs, but lets be honest, most don't. So they will do little to make a really great OS and give it to everyone at a great price, they are more worried about getting music into your pocket so they can get some money in thiers, because they don't make money selling computers. Linux, o Linux, way to small and as stated above, in a simple word, Geek.
Someone please kill, barbeque, and eat Microsoft! crush, snort white plastic, and come down of their Macgasmic high! punch, kick, and tell Linux to get a life and do something....so I can have an OS i like. Please, anyone, anyone.
This is a good read, in the same vein, give it a shot.
http://overclockers.com/tips01345/
Question, does anyone read this and think those are good ideas, or am I the fat kid that finds himself talking to everyone and then relizing everyone is blank stairing and thinking "DORK".
4 years ago




















3 witticisms:
i dont like it when my computer dies for no good reason. it is cool however when it fixes itself and then works again for no good reason. maybe you sould add that to the list of the perfect OS. contiues working when it sould have crashed, and always fixes itself for no good reason.
too=also of becouse
to=is everything elss
two= has a W in it
you cant have those too, besides two is to many.
they can all be used interchangable when in doubt, especialy when you misspell amost everything like i do.
I'll be the grammar nerd to help the computer geek:
to: is a preposition (used before nouns, pronouns, or other substantives to form phrases functioning as modifiers of verbs, nouns, or adjectives, and that typically express a spatial, temporal, or other relationship, as in, on, by, to, since). As in, "Hoss wrote a vehement letter to Microsoft to express his utter disdain for their products and urge them to provide the perfect OS."
too: is an adverb (typically express some relation of place, time, manner, attendant circumstance, degree, cause, inference, result, condition, exception, concession, purpose, or means). You'll usually use it as a degree--as in, "Hoss ate too many bugs when he was little because he found their juicy deliciousness too delectable to pass up."
Also, I have no idea what you're talking about when you post about techie stuff, but it sure makes you sound smart.
I hate it also when my computer crashes and crashes and crashes which is what it is doing at the moment! I am in a panic and don't know what to do because my very own personal computer geek is going to dental school and will no longer be available to FIX stuff for me. I know I did something major this time while trying to download a corrections program for computer geek's uncle - which never did work and now from some magical place I have a "D" drive which I never had before? What do I do? And here is the geek still stressing because he has to buy a MAC for school? And thank you grammar nerd for explaining the use of to too two to he who does not know grammar nor how to spell! But I do love reading his blogs in spite of it all! And he not only sounds smart - he is SMART!
Post a Comment