Sunday, July 20, 2008

PROS & CONS: Life in San Diego

2 days, 1200 miles, and a really long car ride later, we hail again from Wyoming...but only for a couple of weeks. Here is a bit about San Diego if you are considering moving there, or just want a great vacation.

CONS:
1. Our families are both 1200-ish miles away
2. Gas Prices: We paid $4.96 for gas, and when you commute a total of 56 miles a day, it is really hard on the bank account!
3. Traffic: if you live in San Diego get a job near your house, or a house near your job.
4. The police are too busy writing parking tickets to fight crime.

Case in point: I got a ticket at this location for parking facing downhill on a hill and not cramping my wheels. First of all, I think it is questionable how much of a "hill" I am parked on, and secondly, shouldn't laws like this be posted, and thirdly, what the heck does "cramping" mean? I thought cramping was a blessed feeling only for those of the female gender, but apparently, it actually means to turn your wheels towards the curb. Somehow I don't think Midol is going to help me out of this $48 ticket!


PROS:
1. The Weather-between 65 and 80 degrees all of the time! Who wouldn't love that?
2. The Beach
3. Seaworld
4. The FRESH fruit!
5. Hoss's green thumb
Hoss planted these tomato plants and thanks to the fabulous sunshine and his talent there were many tiny green tomatoes sprouting when we left. He also grew a zucchini plant, basil, and saved the lemon thyme from the brink of death, along with most of the in-house greenery.


6. Breakfast Burritos from Albertacos
7. Shopping
8. Avacados!
9. Anything from Rubios
10. The San Diego Temple

11. Gordita shells made right there in San Diego and stocked at the local Costco
12. Spanish immersion
13. Pretty much all of the Mexican food
14. Legoland

I tried to battle Darth Vader, but it was too scary for me, so I passed my light saber off to Super Hoss. He had to pull some fancy footwork, but we both walked away from it, so I think we can call it a win-maybe because DV is made completely out of Lego.

15. The Hoopes
The best reason to live in San Diego. We gotta love 'em cause their family, but we really love 'em. We basically lived in a 5 star bed & breakfast with a 5 star chef for 3 months. We had great conversation, hours in the jacuzzi, and loads of fun. We really miss them.

The Hoopes- Mig, Uncle T and Big T

Yup, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Now I just have to convince Hoss...

4 witticisms:

milmil said...

Yeah, you have coments now. I'm so glad you survived the Star Wars encounter. We're so glad you are back in Shy Town though. And yeah, on that parking citation,... What hill?

Milmonster said...

hoss you better have gotten a free i-pod with your shinny new Mac computer. if not then you got very little value out of your perchase

Milmonster said...

rose, i have to say you look absolutly terrified of darth vader...

this is what my word verification was
fbfbwvwz

The Highland Hill's said...

its great to see your family is doing so well... its great to see you again...

i just got back from San Diego we are doing quite a bit of work in CA and I had to train a couple of my crews... very nice weather... and the ocean was fun too...

Ben Stock and I are getting a little reunion together so spread the news...

http://jsdhill.blogspot.com/2008/06/cheyenne-seminary-reunion-2009.html