My formal education is nearing its end. 4 more business days, and I am officially done working for free. In the hubbub (Is that how you spell that word? Really, pseudo word that was probably never actually meant to be written) of job searching and making myself sound good on paper, we continue to masquerade as San Diego-ites for a few more days.
View of the beach while hiking in Torrey Pines State National Reserve. At the top of the reserve are cliffs overlooking the beach. Don't worry Dad, we didn't stand on the edge.
The Torrey Pine is the rarest native pine tree in the United States. Funny, it kind of looks like a tree grown in Wyoming, but nope, they naturally have a wind blown look, and it is native to the San Diego area. We can't take credit for this picture, we tend to point the camera toward the beach rather than at pine trees (hmm, wonder why?), but I didn't realize that until I started this post.Let me introduce you to our little cuz, BigT, you've seen him before, but only from the rear.
He blows kisses and he calls me "Wose" and Hoss "Jay-Jee"
BigT & Hoss have a lot in common.On one of our many adventures, we spent some quality travel time watching Cars and Toy Story with BigT in the back seat. I have to admit this kid has talent; he managed to figure out how to use headphones without ever taking his eyes off of the screen.
Learning curve of today's 22 month old.




















2 witticisms:
So this comment will have absolutely nothing to do with your post, but since you asked about Water for Elephants, here goes...I just finished reading it and I kind of feel like I missed something. Not that it was bad; it was fine, but it seemed like a big book with not a lot really going on. Maybe it's just me, because apparently lots of people have read and enjoyed it - even a cute guy on the airplane started talking to me because I was reading it. But for me it was just kind of...meh, take it or leave it. And again, maybe it's just me, but I never really understood the whole "water for elephants" thing, they never explain it! But maybe I just missed it...either way, it's beige for me.
Okay then, if I have nothing else to read maybe I will give it a go. Thanks!
Post a Comment